Sunday, July 14, 2013

Everybody Dies But Not Everybody Lives- Explained

Everybody dies but not everybody lives:

This is a phrase I often use and has become a normal expression for me that I have never really explained to people I have said it too. Some people understand it but it goes over most people's head- Yes, not everybody cares about what it means: Nor do I want to make them care, we all live our own ways, this phrase makes things clearer for me and so I use it.

Life, plants have life but are they really living? To live one must experience things and learn from them. Living can perhaps be described as fulfilling a purpose on this planet- personally I don't know what mine is and nor do I think I will find it, as an old Chinese friend used to say to insult me:

So high knowledge! You never understand- No point!

Yes, this was a joke on his part in his limited knowledge of English language but I have come to like it and strive to prove him wrong.

Going through a series of events predetermined by society is not living in my books. I can make a computer do the same things:

I just completed my degree and feel like I haven't learnt much from it. I may know a little more academically but I simply have a better ability to regurgitate information developed by others. Great. One benefit however is that I learnt just how little I do know and will ever know. Perhaps writing will enable me to give a little bit of my life experience to others and contribute to the world that way- no matter how useless my experiences may be!

This for me is not living- nor do I know what truly is, however, I do know that it is something I want to find out. Perhaps doing this trip will help me find this.

"Life is like a book, each place is only a page in the book- without travel one cannot read the rest"- Helen Keller (Very poorly quoted, Can't remember where I actually saw that quote)


 




No comments:

Post a Comment